Wow, I must admit the idea if sailing with Ms McDougall was a little bit scary but I sooo wanted to go. Thank you Te Whare Kiwi for saying "Yes, we would rather Sammie G go on a great adventure than stay home (Tatuanui, Nee Zealand)". So let me introduce some of the fabulous crew and friends I have made.
Captain Mario showed me just how to dock the boat, he was pretty good at it. Actually don’t tell anyone but I think he is the best Captain in all of Croatia. He has Sailor Mario who is fast with the ropes.
This is Vedran, I called him "V" for short. He was our guide. I especially loved his "end of lunch chats" where it was like being back in Te Whare Kiwi learning new things about the places we would see. He is a teacher of tourists. But he lives New Zealanders especially one very famous one - Lucy Lawless, Xena, Warrior Princess. He even flew from Croatia to Canada to meet her. He showed me his photo with her.
Katarina (Kate) and Vicenco looked after us in the dining room. And I spotted Vicenco also helping out with the ropes too. And he also spotted Robbie and Ms McDougall going for a late night spa one night and he surprised them by lifting the cover and turning the lights on. Now he knows how to serve and be a gentleman.
Kate loves Mickey, apparently all of Split does too. I spotted some Mickey socks sneaking their way into Ms McDougall’s suitcase.
Meet Sandie and bob. They are brutish but live in Cartegena, Spain. Bob sails small boats.
This is Debbie from Melbourne, Australia, she loves sport, but I noticed she didn’t mention the All Blacks, I wonder why?
You may be able to spot Lynette and Barry from South Africa. They were very nice to Robbie.
Farewell Diamond, what an awesome time we had and I notice Ms McDougall has had lots of sleep, lots of swims, and yes she has bought lots of shoes. And she even snuck out for a couple of 6am walks with me.
We couldn’t recommend "Sail Croatia" enough!!!
Oh and the food was scrummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment